If you’re considering installing solar panels in Busselton for your home, you need proper advice and expert skills. Powerlec can assist you in this.
Typical Solar Panel Installation Process
1. Quotation and Contract Signing
After coming to an agreement on the type of solar panel most suited to your home, we seal the deal with a contract.
2. Engineer Site Visit
A solar panel engineer will visit your property to evaluate the electrical status of your home and check its compatibility with the new energy system.
3. Logistics, Permits, and Documents
Prior to the actual solar panel installation, certifications and permits need to be secured. No need to worry as this step is done by the contractor.
4. Acquiring Panels and Inverters and Setting the Installation Schedule
Your contractor places the order for the types of panels and inverters you chose based on the contract. The best date and time to perform the installation is scheduled.
5. Solar Panel Installation
The installation proper may take one full day to three days, depending on the type of solar panel used. Here’s an outline of the general process:
- A solar panel installer visits your home to prepare the roof and make sure it is securely attached.
- He or she will, then, put in electrical wiring that connects to your general power system and electrical panel.
- Racking support is installed on the roof and then, the panels are attached to it.
- Inverters are connected to the panels to convert DC energy to AC.
6. Approval and Interconnection
Once installed, a member of the local council in charge of inspecting solar power systems will visit your home. If all is well and the local council grants approval to connect your system to the electrical grid, a representative from your solar panel contractor, does a final inspection before giving you a go signal. This step may take 2-4 weeks.
Types of Solar Panels
- Has silicon wafers to conduct electricity.
- This has the highest efficiency (up to 20%) and power capacity (300-400 Watts).
- This has silicon wafers that conduct electricity.
- Electrical efficiency is around 15%.
- Usually made from Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS), cadmium telluride (CdTe), and amorphous silicon (a-Si).
- It has an efficiency level of about 11%.
Talk to Powerlec Today
Ready to switch to a renewable source of energy? Talk to us at Powerlec Busselton today to get a free quote. We guarantee you forward-thinking, exceptional service, and quality workmanship.
Complete the Form Below to Request a Fast Quote.
We will get back to you within 24 hours Monday - Friday.
Our Clients Include