Once you decide to move to the National Broadband Network (NBN), you must choose the best version and option for your Perth house. You can use ethernet to provide fast and stable connections through your house.
It is, however, vital to hire a registered data cable installation service, like Powerlec, to install cables in your house. Powerlec can install and repair NBN cable networks in your Perth house.
Here are the different versions for your Perth house:
1. Fibre-To-The-Premises (FTTP)
- FTTP connections are the best NBN connection since they are a reliable connection and run high-speed fibre optic cables to your Perth house from the wider network of the NBN.
- You can use your FTTP connections to access any NBN plan you want.
2. Fibre-To-The-Node (FTTN)
- A physical line runs between the NBN hub and your house since it is a fixed-line connection. If you can access an existing copper line, you can use FTTN to access NBN.
- This is because NBN will connect its new nodes to the existing copper line. The quality of the copper line can, however, impact the speed.
3. Hybrid-Fibre-Coaxial (HFC)
- They connect to the existing cable internet system/FOXTEL and use a coaxial cable to enter your house. So, if you had installed cable Internet and cable FOXTEL in your house, you may already have a coax outlet.
- You can, therefore, use your coax outlet for your NBN HFC connection.
4. Fibre-To-The-Curb (FTTC)
If there is FTTC in your area, you do not have to do much. NBN will use the existing pit to run their fibre and connect their Distribution Point Unit (DPU) to your existing phone sockets in your house. So, you need to make sure your existing phone sockets work.
NBN Data Cabling Options Available
Optimise the Location of the NBN FTTP Internal NTD
- If you want to get FTTP, NBN will install the internal NTD equipment for free.
- However, NBN Co installers may want to install the internal equipment inside your wall, so they may have to drill through the outside of your wall.
- If you do not want the installers to drill through your wall, talk to your cable installation service provider. They can provide a solution.
Optimise the Location of the NBN Modem / Router
If you have FTTP, you need to connect your router to the new NBD internal NTD equipment. If the equipment is not in your desired location, your cable installation service provider can run a network cable to your desired location.
Make Your Phone Sockets Work Again
Once you connect to the NBN, your existing phones will not work. Your cable installation service provider can, therefore, connect your phone services to your existing phone cabling in your house.
How Powerlec Can Help You with Your Data Cabling Needs?
Powerlec can offer information, advice, and fast cabling installations or repairs to get your Perth house connection working properly.
If you are in Perth and want to install data cables in your house, contact Powerlec for more information and fast cabling installations.